Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Take My Life and Let It Be

This week Joshua 3:5 was shared with me.

"Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you."

In my walk with the Lord, this is something I've known in my head, but until more recently haven't truly believed in my heart and lived out.  

Consecrate; to dedicate yourself, your life, your time, to a specific purpose.  Whoa, heavy.  Can I really do that? The word holds so much in it's 10 letters. I think about how my heart has changed in the past year to really believe what Joshua told the people, and what the Lord wants me to know through this scripture.  

I hear Him say, "JAMIE consecrate yourself to ME (not to how good you are, or the task you are working on, JUST ME and MY purpose), and tomorrow (and ALL the days that follow), I will do AMAZING things among you (and through you)!"  

This past year, and specifically since Eric started support raising to be a missionary with our church on ISUs campus, I have more and more had the head to heart transfer with believing wholly in this call from Joshua.  We're called to consecrate ourselves, to dedicate ourselves, our lives second by second to the LORD and to be the hands and feet for His purposes. And we could stop there and that would be so much more than good enough, to be dedicated to the Lord.  But God is so good, and loves us so much that we don't have to stop there, for tomorrow the Lord will to amazing things among you!  What a blessing, that God would so choose to do amazing things among us, who are so unworthy.  I have really seen God do this in our lives in these past months.  I've prayed crazy prayers doing dishes while Eric is building  his ministry team, and he pops into the kitchen to say God answered my prayer that Eric didn't even know I prayed!  Eric is 94% funded to do the mission work at ISU, that alone is only the Lord working through His people. I've stepped into a larger position in the church, because I felt like dedicating myself to God was living in freedom in Him, not fear of failure, and business, and stress.  Our leadership for a specific ministry went from zilch to complete in a matter of 24 hours, a day after this verse was shared with me. It is just crazy what amazing things the Lord can do among us.

I just think, wow, if we ALL, as believers decided to truly consecrate ourselves to the Lord, how much more would we be like Him, love like Him, talk like Him, act like Him, trust in Him, and better believe that He is for us and wants to do amazing things among us.  He just wants US first!  That's where that little comma comes in... "Consecrate yourselves [COMMA(do this first)] for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."

I'm so thankful that the Lord is using the people in my life to share His word with me, and work in my heart in these ways.  I know that this week, and today, I have lived my life consecrated to the Lord, but I need God's strength to make that the way I live my life everyday!

Take My Life  by Chris Tomlin really gets at my heart right now. The first lyrics are "Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to thee."  AMEN!

This week I'm praying that God would move in our hearts to live consecrated to the Lord. "Always, only for my King"





1 comment:

  1. That's exciting to hear that Eric is almost funded 100%! Is this for full-time or for an internship. He was at intern training with me in January.

    ReplyDelete