My life take away from teaching:
This year I've learned a TON about being proactive! As a wife, a teacher, a friend, a human.... it just makes sense to me to strive to be proactive rather than reactive.
Some things I know about myself are:
- I don't do change well (at all).
- I'm super needy (especially with my husband).
- I am a "low capacity" person.
- I'm a introvert. (Who would've known?)
- I see bad over good.
Ch-ch-changes are about to go down:
- Eric starts working with GCM & Cornerstone @ ISU tomorrow! (PRAISE GOD)
- Students are coming back to campus in less than a month.
- I start teaching my own kids in less than a month.
- Our weekends will be tied up starting August 18th. (no visits to the burbs)
- I have to be an adult again because it's not summer.
My knew love of this proactive idea + some things I know about myself + life changes = proactive actions!
This month I am starting a Happiness Journal (thanks to my sister Heather for the wonderful idea).
I know that of my own accord in this next phase of life I will most likely look back on 2013/2014 and see crazy, bad, hard, icky poopoo. I also KNOW the Lord has me in this season of life for His reasons. I KNOW that His ways are WAY better than my ways. I am certain that He wants to use this season of life to love me more, grow me more, and draw me closer to Him. I think one of the best ways I can be proactive in letting the Lord work in my heart is to see His work and His good daily. Through this happiness journal I hope God will soften my heart and allow me to see Him before myself, and cement the fact that His ways are better than my ways into my mind!
I will write 1 sentence a day in my happiness journal. (It may end up being a tad more.) My short term goal is to do it for August, September, and October. My medium term goal is to do it for a year (365days!). My long term goal is to write at least 1 sentence in my happiness journal every day for 5 years!
I think I stink at being disciplined & keeping up with things. I also think I really want this! :)
Here we go!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment