In the fall of 2008 I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savoir. He captured my heart and I changed!
One of the things I specifically prayed for after becoming a believer, was for God to allow me to cry. Over my childhood, teenage, and young adult years I had built up so many walls, that I had a VERY hard time being real with myself and others as well as feeling all of the emotions God created us to feel. A great friend of mine encouraged me to simply pray for tears, good tears, bad tears, just REAL tears. In my prayers, I longed for God to do this work in my life and to tear down my walls. Our God is good, and He did!
5 years later, here I am...a crying MACHINE! This week has been hard, and I have cried more tears than I have in a long while. Tears of sadness, of loneliness, and of longing. Tears that I asked for, tears that I prayed God would give me, AND HE DID!!!
Tonight I cried WONDERFUL tears. Tonight I looked at my husband, and became SO overwhelmed with the love I have for him that it brought me to tears. Happy, joyful, loving, good tears! Tears that ran down my cheek and touched my lips. Salty tears. I love these kind of tears.
And here is where I am now:
If I (the girl who never cried) can become so overwhelmed with love for my husband that it brings me to tears, how much does OUR GOD love US!?! It's being loved for simply existing, to an amount that no human mind or heart can fathom! It's HIS kind of LOVE!
And that my friends, makes my heart full of joy, and eyes full of tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment